Sunday, January 28, 2007

i don't usually give to charities (and sometimes i prefer my shoe untied)

I was walking around downtown today and at the corner of Broadway and Yamhill I ran into this minister looking dude collecting $ for some children's charity:

Dude: Hello young man, do you have some time for [whatever charity] today?
Me: No thanks.
Dude: Do you have just one dollar to spare?
Me: Nah.
Dude: You should tie your shoelace before you fall.
Me: I'll be alright. Thanks though.

I felt like a bit of jackass walking away though because he seemed pretty genuine and if I wasn't going to give him any money, I should've at least given him the satisfaction that comes with at least the illusion of having helped someone out.

Yesterday it was an absolutely beautiful clear day at Mt. Hood and the views from the top of some of the higher lifts were incredible. My phone wasn't really working yesterday so I didn't have any kind of camera up there but I really wish I did. Hopefully I'll get another chance at getting some of those shots but I think those conditions are pretty rare.

No comments: