Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Three and a half weeks of physics

I just finished taking my final exam for my first Physics course since high school. We covered about 12 chapters of a standard introductory physics text in only three and a half weeks. Its a compressed summer course. But now I dont know what to do with myself for the rest of the day because I don't have any homework. Actually, the next course in the sequence begins tomorrow and continues essentially from the point where we left off so I could read the next chapter and start off on the right foot that way. We'll see, there is still plenty of day left.

I'm aware that this probably isn't very interesting to random internet readers. I can't imagine giving a shit about someone else's musings about what they should do after taking a final exam. But that reminds me of something I saw on the wall at one of my school toilets yesterday. I thought it was very insightful. Maybe you've seen it on a toilet near you?

Most of the talk on the stall wall were comments back and forth about whether it is really conservatives or liberals who are insane/can spell/should be allowed to live. These arguments were written alongside other comments about animal liberation, starting revolutions and riots...you've seen it all before. But thats where the master of toilet wisdom steps in and says "Hey! I'm here to take a shit, not give a shit." True THAT!

No comments: